I want to be wrinkle free.
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment Lexington, Kentucky
Photo facial rejuvenation is an intense pulsed light treatment that targets pigmented sun damage (age spots) and red broken capillaries. Lexington Vein and Aesthetics Center utilizes the very effective Palomar Starlux Intense Pulsed Light System. The safe and effective Rejuvelux Process not only removes unwanted pigment, but also treats spider veins on the face and nose, rosacea, tightens pores and improves the overall texture of the skin treated. The Palomar Starlux can safely treat the face, neck, chest, hands, arms and legs. There is no downtime and treatments are most effective in a series of three spaced two to four weeks apart.
How does Palomar pulsed light work?
Palomar Systems uses specialized hand pieces that filter light from different parts of the spectrum. Each band of the spectrum has a wavelength that is ideal for different treatments, such as sunspot removal and vessel clearance. The Palomar RejuveLux hand pieces emit pulses of light into the skin. The light is absorbed by the pigment in sunspots and the blood in visible vessels, and converted to heat. The heat dissolves the cells that create the pigment and shrinks the vessels.
How is Palomar pulsed light different from a laser?
Pulsed light systems and lasers are very similar, but Palomar Pulsed Light Systems use a much larger treatment window than most lasers. Spreading light over a wider area of skin, this allows faster coverage of the skin and quicker treatments as a result.
What should I expect after treatment?
- Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling. This usually last 2-24 hours, and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs.
- Sunspots/Sun Damage: The sunspots will darken after treatment and be naturally shed from the skin within 1-2 weeks.
- Rosacea: Skin tone will be more normal, with less pronounced redness within a week after treatment.
- Spider Veins: Vessels may disappear after treatment or they may appear darker and then fully or partially fade within 10-14 days.
- Typically, several treatments will be necessary to achieve complete clearance of sunspots, rosacea, and vessels.